September 29, 2006

Twins Tie It Up

The Minnesota Twins went into Thursday's game already knowing that a win would tie them for the division lead and a loss would put them two games back and virtually out of contention for a division title. Well, lets just say that the Twins tied up more than just the Division in Thursday's game.

I thought that I could just start at the end of the game when the big hit came, but then I remembered that Brad Radke pitched and I should add, pitched awesome. Radke went five innings and used only 57 pitches. He allowed an unearned run and also only allowed three hits. WOW!! For a guy with a torn shoulder muscle and a fracture, I would say that is a pretty good performance. It is still unclear (to me) whether or not Radke will pitch in the postseason, but I have heard he will start game three of the PLAYOFFS.

Now, back to the big hit. It was the bottom of the ninth inning, right after the Twins and Juan Rincon had just gotten out of a bases loaded no out jam without giving up a single run. Anyways, the Twins were down 1-0 to the Royals with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. They had Joe Mauer up and what do you think he did? HIT A HOMERUN!! So that pretty much took all of the air right out of the Royals and the Twins won the game in the bottom of the 10th with a walk-off hit by Jason Bartlett.

The reason I titled this Twins Tie It Up was because they tied not only the Division up, but also the very critical game.

Who's Your MVP Now:
After that amazing performance last night, who is you MVP?

Joe Mauer or Justin Morneau

I'll go with Justin Morneau, just because he has a T-Shirt and the RBI to go with it. But don't get me wrong, Mauer is most certainly a very valuable player to this Twins team.

Leave your MVP in the Comments as well as any other information you have to offer.