November 3, 2006

NBA Award Predictions

This post has been done for about a week now, so here are my prediction for the 2007 NBA awards. Don't forget to check out I Heart KG for updates every day on the Timberwolves.

Most Valuable Player:
Dirk Nowitzki
After two straight seasons of winning the MVP award, its time fore Steve Nash's friend and former teammate to win it. The Mavericks should be pretty good which should help his chances.

Rookie of the Year:
Adam Morrison
This award was hard for me to choose with guys like Randy Foye and Brandon Roy. However, I went with Morrison because I think he will get a lot of minutes with the Bobcats. Roy and Foye should be good but they wont get the minutes that Morrison does.

Coach of the Year
Don Nelson
Nelson is the new coach of the Warriors and should turn the team around. The Warriors have been bad in the past but have enough players to make big improvements. Nelson is the choice because the team is changing their style completely and should be contenders for the playoffs..

Most Improved Player:
Troy Hudson
I think Troy Hudson will get this award after being hurt for most of the last two seasons. He seems to be healthy and should get a lot of playing time when the Wolves need some three-pointers.

Defensive Player:
Ben Wallace
Wallace has won this award many times and is again the clear favorite. He doesn's score very much, but helps his team a lot by being near the top of the league in the rebounding and blocked shots category every year.

Sixth Man:
Bonzi Wells
I couldn't find anybody for this award, so I gave it to Bonzi who I think will be a big guy off of the bench for the Rockets this year.