6-27: Twins Notes
Well, there have been some things happening with the team lately, and I haven't shared the notes here on the blog. Having said that, below are some notes regarding the Twins.
1) Jeff Cirillo has been leaning towards retiring after the season is done. He has told a few people that he is about 80% sure that he'll hang it up at season's end.
2) Rondell White has been feeling better, and the Twins have decided to start him on his rehab stint. Rondell has 20 days to play in rehab games (from what I know), and started today with the GCL Twins. Rondell went 1-2 with a double as the team's DH.
3) Two Twins players are up for ESPY awards. Johan Santana and Justin Morneau are each up for the same award -- Best Baseball Player. You can vote for either of them here.
4) Justin Morneau still has a bruise on his lung, but said he is feeling much better. He was expected to be checked again today, but it is still uncertain when he will return to the Twins lineup.
5) Two Twins players were injured in the loss to the Blue Jays on Monday. Jeff Cirillo had sore knees after the game, and Luis Castillo a sore hand after being spiked. Cirillo didn't start yesterday, but did pinch hit. Castillo on the other hand started and went 1-5.
I hope to get a game recap up after tonight's game against the Blue Jays. The Twins will send out Boof Bonser to face off against Josh Towers at 7:10.