July 25, 2007

Day Game Thoughts

The Twins have a day game today, or a morning game if you consider 11:30 morning. Anyways, I thought I would share some thoughts for everyone the look over and leave their opinions below.

1) If the Twins could have won last night, they would be just 7.5 games back in the division, and if they could have pulled one out on Sunday, 6.5. Obviously you can't change that, but you have to wonder what a bat could have done to some of these games. Most of the games that we've lost since the break have been pitched pretty well.

2) Speaking of a bat, is Terry Ryan going to do something anytime soon? Time is running out, and we really need something before we start our big series with the Indians on Friday. We can't afford to get swept and then make a move, it'll be far to late.

3) I have some minor league things to share. Last night, I tuned into the Rochester Red Wings on GameDay as I was watching the Twins game. I didn't follow the whole thing, but some things I did follow included a Grand Slam by Denard Span, and another great showing from rising prospect Brian Buscher who also hit a homerun.

4) If you look as Denard Span's stats, they aren't the best, he's hitting right around .250 and other things don't seem like dominating numbers. But the truth is that he's playing very good. He got off to a slow start this season hitting as low as the .220's. Now, he's managed to raise his average to around .250 and is continuing to play well. If all goes well, even is Torii is back (lets hope so) we might see Denard sometime next season.

5) Finally, here is an interesting story I found this morning on some trades. According to the story, the Devil Rays and Phillies have had scouts at recent Twins games and minor league games. The Devil Rays would mean maybe their looking for someone for Wigginton, but the Phillies I'm not so sure. All I can say, is that it said the Phillie were at the AAA game when Slowey pitched.

VOTE TC:
The Minnesota Twins mascot has won the Homerun Derby three straight years, and is going up against the Astros' mascot Junction Jack. Go to the link below, check out the story, and vote for TC.

MLB Mascot Brackets - TC Bear vs Junction Jack

I'll have a game recap after the game, and either later tonight or tomorrow, I'll have another interview.