July 6, 2007

It's Our B-Day

Today marks the one year existence of this blog -- Twins Territory. I started Twins Territory one year ago simply so I could share my opinion on the Twins and hopefully one day build a Twins community.

I have since changed many things as far as the look goes, and even the way I write, and the things I write. Everytime I do something, I try to make it better than the last time, and I'm always looking for new things to add to the look as well as new ideas for stories and more. I wish I could direct you to the about us page for the first post, but since the day this blog got started, I've since changed it many times.

Now, I'd like to take this time to thank the many readers that have read the blog for the last year, I'd also like to thank the many people who have left encouraging messages about the blog, and the many people who have become active in the comments section. I hope you'll all be coming back for many years down the road.

The number of visits has just climbed over 20,000 in the last month, and although that may seem small to some, it's a big number to me because most of the visits have come since the beginning of Spring Training. I hope within the next year, more and more people will visit this blog, and I hope the daily visits continue to increase. But most of all, I hope this will become a Twins Community in the near future.

In this second year, I plan on doing many new great things with the looks of the blog, but more importantly, with the writing. I'm currently working on getting a new official logo for the blog, and if everything goes right, I hope to have it up soon. I also hope to continue many of the things I do as far as writing goes, and I'm always looking for new ideas for posts.

Finally, it is my hope that this blog will last many years into the future and that it will get better with each passing day. So far, the only reason it has gotten to where it has is because of you readers, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you stopping by.

Thanks for coming over and keeping it (me) going, and I hope to see you back soon, and for a long time into the future. In the next few days, I'm hoping to get a "survey" up so I can get a better understanding of what you readers like and don't like about Twins Territory.


I plan on having game recaps for both games of the doubleheader against the White Sox today, so make sure to stop back later. Scott Baker will pitch in the first game, and Matt Garza will make his first start of the season in the night game.