Getting Caught Up....
Well, I'm finally back, and will resume posting again. While I was gone, there were a lot of things that I missed with both the Twins and all around the league. I did get to stay up to date with the team, but couldn't post my thoughts.
Here are some things I didn't get to post here. Also, I hope to resume game recaps with either tonight's game or tomorrows'.
- Michael Cuddyer was activated as expected. However, the person that was sent out was a little surprising. When Cuddyer was called up, Jeff Cirillo was sent to the D-Backs on a waiver claim.
- Not much longer after these two moves, the Twins sent Lew Ford to the minors so they could have more help in the bullpen. Carmen Cali was the guy called up, for the third time this season.
- In addition to these roster moves, there are some rumors about guys the Twins are trying to get. The list includes Mike Piazza and Kevin Mench. Rumor also has it that the Twins have tried to trade for Dye, but the Sox declined and have offered Darin Erstad.
- Jeff Cirillo was going to retire at the end of the season, but we don't need to worry about that now that he is no longer here. Instead, Rondell White has said that he will be considering making that move at the end of the season.
- Finally on the Twins front, the inconsistency has continued. The Twins went on a great streak, and climbed within 4.5 games. Now, they can't hit again and have lost two straight games including in the standings.
- On the MLB front, the weekend was exciting. First, Alex Rodriguez hit homerun number 500. Then, Bonds tied the all-time record with a homerun in San Diego. Finally, Glavine possibly became the last pitcher to get 300 wins.
- Yesterday, Bonds made more history knocking homerun number 756 into the seats. Did anybody see that guy getting mugged?
Again, I hope to have more later tonight, and if not, for sure tomorrow.