October 20, 2007

A Santana Trade

As you may already know, I hate all of the Johan Santana rumors, because most of the time it just reminds me of all the KG trade talk that half of the time was made up by the reporter. Anyways, today I noticed an interesting article from MLB Trade Rumors.

A source of mine with Yankee connections had some good info for me today.

They believe a package of Melky Cabrera, Chien-Ming Wang, and Ian Kennedy
would entice the Twins for Johan Santana.
Now, I still believe in trying to retain Johan, and sign him to a multi-year deal. To me, there is nothing that could make up for him, because I see him as our guy, and the best pitcher in all of baseball.

But, if the Twins come to a point where they can't afford him, or he simply doesn't want to sign a big deal, what would you say about this deal?

I'm not so sure, but there isn't much to talk about right now, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I personally think the Twins could find a better offer somewhere else if they decided to trade him.